We drove back to Kikapu RV Park where we stayed a week ago to once again enjoy the thermal pools. A young lady who works here and speaks passable English came up to talk to us. She is taking tourism at University. She was saying she wanted to go work in Dubai, but we convinced her Canada was a better bet. Pam & Neil own an RV resort and Golf course in Wells Gray Park, BC and have said they can get her a summer job. So it looks like it was her lucky day. Very pleasant young lady and we will all help her out if she can get to Vancouver.
I thought I would talk about driving procedures in Mexico. It is normal here on a 2 lane highway to drive 1/2 on the shoulder. If the shoulder lines are dotted, this is expected. this allows cars to pass when oncoming vehicles are there. Sometimes you actually end up with 4 vehicles side by side. It's very unnerving until you get used to it, but it is a very good method as it prevents driver frustration. I have an illustration of it below:
We were stopped at a military checkpoint today. Well, at least I was, the others were not. I think they were just curious and wanted to ask what we were doing. Very friendly and no hassle.


No comments:
Post a Comment