Today broke with mixed cloud & sun, so Bernie & I made an executive decision to go for the boat trip on Lake Bacalar. Definetely a crap shoot. We quickly drove into town and picked up a couple of coolers & beer and took taxis and my truck to the lake. Lost a lid off a cooler but later found it on the median, complete with a tire track, but still usable. On the way to the lake, the skies opened up and it poured cats & dogs, and I almost thought we would have to abort. Our timing could not have been better, it cleared and stayed that way for the 2 hours we were on the lake, then poured again. Everyone had a great time, 2 swim stops. 10 out of 10 all around. We had planned to eat on the boat, but the dicey weather made that impractical, so we found a good restaurant. Only mishap was Tom & Nancy who left their roof vent open and now have a soaked mattress. They have taken a room for the night. Since it has A/C which will dry the air, I help Tom haul the mattress into their room. Hopefully that will dry it overnight and we will hop for some sun tommorrow. I left our windows open, but we only had one cushion get wet so we were lucky.

No comments:
Post a Comment