Tuesday, November 29, 2016

oh no!

I looked under my trailer today and noticed I have a broken spring. I have no idea when it broke, the trailer was handing fine. I bought one spare before I left as an afterthought the day before we left. I am glad I did, now I wish I had bought 4. Anyways, I have found a spring shop in Puerto Vallarta so I will go see if they sell them, so I have more spares. Maybe they have some that are heftier. I am going to fashion a mirror on a stick so I can check under there each time I stop.

We have also been finding mouse droppings. A couple of days ago I thought I saw something scurry out of the corner of my eye and shrugged it off as  an eye floater. Now I am not so sure. I have set some traps. It may have come in in the summer at home, I suspect its probably living in the insulation underneath. I guess we will know when we catch it, I imagine Mexican mice wear sombreros. I may have to break it to my granddaughter that I murdered Speedy Gonzalez.

Evening update 

Well I caught one of the kids and reset the trap to see if any others are hiding. My spare spring turned out to fit, but is weaker than the original. I found a spring shop in La Penita that had heftier ones and managed to pick up 2. After much sweating & cursing I managed to get the thing replaced. At least I am on grass with a beer nearby, and not on the side of the road somewhere. I guess I should be grateful. Last year when I had to do suspension repairs, I had Larry Buckmaster with me who is a bush pilot and an aircraft mechanic. This year I was on my own.


1 comment:

  1. Those darn springs..luckily you were at the park and not in the middle of nowhere, as you mentioned. Good idea to carry good quality spares, just in case.

    RIP Speedy o en espaƱol, QEPD (Que En Paz Descanse).

    ReplyDelete