Saturday, November 26, 2016

Lo de Marcos

A long days drive to Lo de Marcos today. They did not charge us for the 5 nights in Teacapan. I think they felt bad about the power problems, plus I do bring them business. They told me they are going to fix the issues this week. Actually, I have not had to pay for any parks since I left San Carlos. King David in Mazatlan did not charge me, and Enrique & Marta at Huatabampito also would not charge me, but I forced 500 pesos on them anyway. They are like family.

Pretty warm today, we took the free road most of the way to avoid tolls, I noticed the Tepic Bypass was open so we took that, assuming it was complete all the way to Compostela, but that was a mistake. It wasn't. That meant a 65 km out of the way detour which added an hour. We eventually got here at 4, but the time zone has changed and it was actually 5. We stopped for propane and I left my wallet on the bumper. Fortunateley I realized it 10 min down the road. It was still there. Alzheimers. Only cost 200 pesos ( $15 Cdn) to fill a large tank. Would have cost $40 at home.

Lots of old friends here at La Parota RV park. Paul & Fran who have been on 2 caravans with me, plus 2 or 3 other couples we know from previous trips. This park is almost full, its very popular. The Wi-Fi is iffy so I am using my Mexican Cell data plan so I don't want to upload any photos right now. Will do so tommorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You need to get that wallet implanted, Paul. It's the only way you won't end up losing it.

    ReplyDelete