Wednesday, March 15, 2017

R.I.P Tomas

Today we had to put Tomas down. He was obviously suffering and the vet agreed. This is the hardest time I have ever had doing this to a dog, I really wish he had just passed in his sleep. He was the most intelligent and best behaved dog I have ever had,  I know I will never be able to find his equal, and I won't try. We decided to bury him ourselves and found a spot on the ocean not too far from where we camp & where  I do not think he will be disturbed.

I will probably end this blog here as we are now covering ground we have already covered and to be quite frank, I am not in the mood.



10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Tomas.

    You have a lot to focus on. No need to post, I can follow along with your SPOT.

    Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so messed up over this. It's as bad as losing a child, that dog hardly left our side in 14 years. I hav lost 4 other dogs,ut nothing like this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were the best friend he could have ever had. The love goes both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so sad to hear about Tomas...so sudden. We have only fond memories of him. I can imagine how hard this must be for Terry and you. Have a safe trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Camilo we are having a rough time. It feels bad not being able to take him home with us, but no cremation options. Maybe his spirit will return with us. Sat on his grave today and told him to do that if it was possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure his spirit will be with you everywhere you go. And especially every time you go back to Mexico. He really was a special friend.

      Delete
  6. Please keep posting Paul. You may be covering the same ground, but your daily travel experiences won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUst cant do it, we are in lo de Marcos now and booting it home ASAP. Things ar just not the same. When my wife had cancer last year, she made me promise to take her to Greece. I have booked a 2 month trip on April 19th. We would not have the dog with us on that even if he were alive. I am hoping it will give us time to heal. I have never had a dog before that upset me as much as this. It's almost a week and both of us can't stop crying. Its awful. Losing a child would not have been worse. That dog was with us 24/7 for 14 years, he was totally integrated with our lives. He was not the type of dog that just lies there, he was extremely intelligent and interactive, that is what makes it harder.

    I will probably restart this blog in mid April

    ReplyDelete