Thursday, January 19, 2017

Puebla & Cholula

We took taxi's into Puebla today. Very nice city, much like Cordoba in Spain. We went into the Cathedral, which is the most ornate I have ever seen inside. No pictures allowed, but Vanda tried to sneak one with her cell phone, but got caught. Off to the confessional for her, plus a few Hail Mary's. We then took the open air bus tour which is always nice and visited the candy market. That is fatal for Doug & I who both have sweet tooth's. I did, however, buy my mother a nice assortment of candy, plus a bottle of unusual liqueur (I am trying to kill her).

At the end of the day, we visited the world largest pyramid in Chocula. Another item off my bucket list, climbing to the top of that. You cannot tell it's a pyramid, as it is covered in soil except for a small bit they have excavated at the bottom. The Spanish built  a Catholic church on top. Great view of the huge  Popocatepetl Volcano from up there. Unfortunately, Puebla is close enough Mexico City to get a fair bit of its smog.










2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul - Doug and I are really enjoying all your posts. Super informative. Too bad we aren't travelling this year.....Keep up the nice work with the photos too!!

    ReplyDelete