Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Mexico City & Cholula

Terry & I spent a quiet day yesterday while the others did a tour of Mexico City. They spent a lot of time in traffic but also visited the museum of Anthropology & the floating gardens. Considering Mexico City has strict restrictions on who can drive on certain days, the traffic is still horrendous, but it does have 21 million people. I have posted a couple of Gary's photos below.

This morning we did the short 2 hour drive to Cholula, just outside of Puebla. 2 minutes before arrival, the police pulled Vanda over. Nowhere for the rest of us to stop, so Terry yelled at Bernie to climb out and go back to help her. It turned out they just checked her registration, her signals and a bunch of other stuff. I strongly suspect a shakedown attempt, they were Municipal police and I experienced a similar thing in this town a few years back. Once Bernie arrived on the scene they let her go.

Still this is a nice town, the 17,000 ft plus Popocatepetl volcano looms over the town (last erupted in August). The RV is pleasant, walking distance to Sams Club (Like Costco). We filled 4 grocery carts, brimming with food & booze and the bill came to about $200 US.

This town is the location of the world's largest known pyramid, which we will visit tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment