Sunday, January 29, 2017

Dias Horriblus.

Today we drove from Catemacao to Villahermosa. Horrible roads, the worst I have seen so far, even this stretch of toll road was horrible, until we crossed the state line into Tabasco.  First of all I forgot to put a retaining clip on my equalizer hitch and it fell off somewhere. Only the clip. I managed to jury rig something, but I have to find a metal shop soon and see if they can make something up. They should be able to. Next I broke another trailer spring. Fortunately I bought 3 more when the last one broke. Cheap Chinese crap. I am thinking the remaining 2 will probably break as well sometime. 2 hours sitting in a Pemex station changing it out in the wind & rain. We just got here before dark. Torrential rain most of the way and it's coming into my storage compartment again. I thought I had fixed that, but apparently not. Have a heater in there right now drying it out again. Frustrating. Apparently all there is to see here is the Olmec stone heads and the campground here kinda sucks, so we will look at those tomorrow and maybe try to get to Isla Aguada a day early. If we get back here by noon we should able to make it. Forecast looks like a return to sun tomorrow, I hope.

1 comment: