Thursday, December 8, 2016

Laguna del Tule 2

Finding it tough to keep this up to date with the internet so inconsistent here. I don't know what the issue with it is, it's always worked here before. I certainly do not want to be uploading photos using my Mexican Cell & use up my data, so I update this when I can.

I hear it's snowing in Vancouver. Maybe that explains the cooler evenings here right now. We do not need to run the air overnight which is nice. Christmas displays are going up in the main square, so some snow might be nice.


Wednesday is Market day here in Melaque.  One of the best markets I have seen in Mexico and one of the best Taco stands in its center. Terry bought  a bunch of Barbie Doll furniture for the granddaughter. We picked up a pile of pirated DVD movies, which you can buy in markets all over Mexico. We also managed to buy a couple of strings of Christmas lights which I have hung from our awning. Took a ride on the ATV around town and took a few photos, which you can see below. One is of the ruined former luxurious Casa Grande Hotel which was destroyed in an Earthquake & Tsunami in 1995. It was never rebuilt as it is on disputed indigenous land. You can also see the front of it in one of the beach photos. The other photo is shot in the other direction showing the "almost free" RV park at the far end. A bit unsanitary in that one, at least in the past.







1 comment:

  1. Very nice pictures! Tomas looks very happy in that photo. Yes, it has been very snowy and icy in Vancouver, apparently. I read that the ice bombs came back with a vengeance at the bridges; lots of windshields got damaged. We've had some snow over here as well.

    ReplyDelete