We cut across to the free road at Cullican (hometown of both El Chapo and the Dog Whisperer). That road is in good shape and saved us about $30 US in tolls. We arrived at Stone Island in Mazatlan just before sunset. A long day. King David, the owner had a new Telcel SIM card for me that my partner Gabriel left with him. I now have a monthly plan with data and hopefully no more Telcel spam texts. I had to get a new number, so my old "pay as you go" card is more or less defunct. I will keep it active for the season as I have another unlocked phone to put it in and one of my group in january can probably use it. My new number is 967-102-4085
Friday, November 18, 2016
Huatabampito to Mazatlan
We left shortly after first light this morning at 7:15 AM. I decided to risk the shortcut out to the south. I took a caravan over it last Fall and swore never again, it was more pothole than road. Well they have now paved about 50% of it, but the rest is still really bad, but it saves a lot of time and one toll. The road south from Navajoa was not in great shape, but it improved a lot after the El Fuerte turnoff. They are rebuilding the freeway in concrete along stretches still, the machine they use is massive and lays out 2 lanes as it moves. They build a concrete plant nearby and move it as the road progresses. I took a photo with my webcam. It was into the sun, but you can see the machine at the upper right in the photo below.
We cut across to the free road at Cullican (hometown of both El Chapo and the Dog Whisperer). That road is in good shape and saved us about $30 US in tolls. We arrived at Stone Island in Mazatlan just before sunset. A long day. King David, the owner had a new Telcel SIM card for me that my partner Gabriel left with him. I now have a monthly plan with data and hopefully no more Telcel spam texts. I had to get a new number, so my old "pay as you go" card is more or less defunct. I will keep it active for the season as I have another unlocked phone to put it in and one of my group in january can probably use it. My new number is 967-102-4085
We cut across to the free road at Cullican (hometown of both El Chapo and the Dog Whisperer). That road is in good shape and saved us about $30 US in tolls. We arrived at Stone Island in Mazatlan just before sunset. A long day. King David, the owner had a new Telcel SIM card for me that my partner Gabriel left with him. I now have a monthly plan with data and hopefully no more Telcel spam texts. I had to get a new number, so my old "pay as you go" card is more or less defunct. I will keep it active for the season as I have another unlocked phone to put it in and one of my group in january can probably use it. My new number is 967-102-4085
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not much of a road shoulder there. Kinda makes straggling the shoulder line problematic.
ReplyDeleteThey usually shift traffic to one side and make it 2-way while they rebuild the other side.
ReplyDelete