Well we are nicely settled in here. I am still dealing with leaks in my RV. When it rained in Melaque, water got into my storage compartments in the slide. I think I have fixed that, it appeared to be a door seal. My shower started to leak again in the corner where I cannot get to it on the outside, as it is up against a wardrobe. I had this happen first last year and I resealed and thought it was solved. My water detector went off again and said otherwise. The person camped next to me has some spray water sealant so I am going to try that once it's all dry. At least it's low humidity here, so that won't take long. The trials of owning an RV, sigh.
I just heard from Jean & Lucy, a nice Quebec couple I met last spring. He credits me with saving his wife's life. Last year in Melaque he pounded on my door at 3 AM and his wife was unconscious on the floor, of an apparent heart attack. As I recall, I did some CPR and we loaded her in my truck and I drove to the nearest hospital 10 miles away. She was still alive and they treated her and took her by ambulance to Manzanillo. She survived. They few to the Yucatan and rented a place this year so I may see them in February.
The RV park is pretty quite but there are more vacationing Mexican here due the the holidays so the pools are a bit more crowded with kids than I would like. Lying in my floater reading a book is not as easy as usual. On the other hand, it's cool at night and I have been able to do some maintenance like getting my rear view camera to work better.
No comments:
Post a Comment